Executive Coaching at SW&A builds on the fundamentals of effective spoken communication and tailors techniques that will help executives establish confidence, commitment and connection with every audience. For each executive, we develop a personalized coaching plan to match deadlines for a specific presentation or goals for personal development.
The coaching process is three-fold:
- We assess overall communication skills.
- We increase awareness of how those skills and impressions come across to people.
- We coach new choices and habits in personal delivery that create lasting results.
SW&A provides coaching support in two key areas:
- Content & Message Development - Content work covers all topics of concern, as well as issues such as defining a clear objective, creating a listener-focused message, analyzing an audience of one or many, preparing for a meeting, delivering feedback or handling Q&A.
- Personal Communication Skills - Style coaching covers all topics of concern, as well as issues such as personal presentation, personal appearance, voice energy and authority, physical involvement and posture, body language and stance, listening skills, etc.
We recommend a series of coaching sessions based on an executive's objectives. During each session, the executive explores new choices, incorporates them into key communication situations and evaluates the results. Videotaping is used as a form of critique and comparison throughout the sessions.